Breast feeding or nursing is the feeding of babies and young children with milk from woman’s breast .health professionals recommend that breast feeding begin within the first hour of a baby’s life and it is allowed as often as much as the baby wants. it is estimated that about 820,000 deaths of children less than five years old could be prevented globally per year through more widespread breastfeeding .the purpose of the program is to present state of scientific information and to make recommendations for lactation .
- Benefits of breast feeding
- Breast feeding basics
- Ten steps of breast feeding
- Anatomy and physiology of lactation.
- Nutritional requirements of lactating mothers
- Surgical complications of breast feeding
- Breast feeding vs artificial feeding
Summary of lecture:
- Benefits of breast feedingThere is a lot of benefits of breast feeding for the children and maternal and societal .immune benefits protection of a lot of diseases .cognitive benefits and other …other benefits.
- Breast feeding basicsThis presentation will talk about breast feeding assessment steps ,including positioning (cradlehold- cross — cradle hold-sude lying hold —football hold.) lactation and milk transfer.
- Ten steps of successful breastfeedingTalking about the steps of successful lactation and detailed information and advices to reach perfect breast feeding
- Anatomy and physiology of lactationTalking about the breast anatomy and the hormonal interaction to maintain milk production.
- Nutritional requirement of lactating femaleLactation is nutritionally demanding ,especially for the mother who is nursing her infant exclusively for several months.
- Surgical complications of breast feedingMastitis and breast abscesses and cancer are some pf surgical complications of breast feeding ,and this presentation will give good idea about these complications.
- Breast feeding vs artificial feedingComparing between breast milk and artificial milk and the advantages and disadvantages for both.